- About DUT
- Technology and Innovation
- Business Studies Unit
- Co-operative Education
- Enterprise Development Unit
- Information Technology & Support Services
- Institute for Water and Wastewater Technology
- International Education and Partnerships
- IT Academy
- Research & Postgraduate Support
- Technology Transfer & Innovation
- Support Services
- Division of Corporate Affairs
- Midlands Campus
- Physical Planning
- Student Services and Development
- Students Services & Development Midlands
- News and Publications
- Contact Us
Research and Postgraduate Support
The Research Directorate primarily focuses on managing the university’s research activities and supporting the academic and research staff through research management and development systems, organizing research capacity building initiatives, providing research support and incentive structures to stimulate researchers and strategic inputs to ensure the University meets DHET targets for research outputs.
The division enhances the universities profile by facilitating the development and implementation of research policies strategies. The functions include the administration of:
External and internal grants.
Incentives and awards for researchers.
Collection of research institutional data, analysing it and preparing reports for monitoring, planning and submission to relevant statutory funding bodies like DHET.
Convene and initiate public lecture series at the University related to research in identified focus areas in consultation with relevant Faculty staff.
The Postgraduate Directorate is responsible for the research capacity development of both students and staff and raising awareness on funding opportunities for scholarships, grants and internal incentives.